Sydney CBD concreters and formworkers Surry Hills.
This conversion of an old substation into a three-story terrace in Sydney’s inner city was interesting and challenging, yet extremely rewarding for our team. Even with access problems (the property was down a small lane), the results were spectacular and well worth the effort.
Not only did the addition of the third story add additional space to this old two-storey substation but it also gave the new owners a huge roof-top entertaining area.
Anyone familiar with Sydney’s inner city and CBD area is aware of the impractical street plan and tight laneways. Overcoming access problems was an ongoing challenge for our team on this project however we believe “thinking outside the box” is what differentiates us from other concrete companies and contractors.
Additionally, the client was let down by the original concrete company who walked away at the last minute. Another of our specialties is taking on emergency, last minute and urgent concreting jobs.
After taking on the Surry Hills project we successfully completed the project two weeks ahead of schedule.
Contact us for more information about your Sydney CBD and city concreting requirements
More photos of this Surry Hills concrete project
N & S Formwork and Concreting Sydney
We provide quality concrete and formwork services for residential, commercial and industrial clients. No job too big or too small. 40+ years experience. With offices in the Eastern Suburbs and Sydney’s Northern Beaches, we have completed 100’s of jobs throughout the Sydney metro area.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to any build project. Our team come from all areas of the building industry and have a wealth of experience. We provide a high level of services and workmanship on all our projects, with attention to detail and professional approach to every jobs. We are a friendly team, focused on our customers’ needs and satisfaction – and getting the job done.
Our extensive range of services include :
- Concreting : There are many types of concrete for both residential and commercial use. Concrete comes in many colours and has a huge variety of uses. Importantly, concrete needs to be placed by trained, and skilled professional concrete contractors to ensure it services the purpose of which it was designed for many decades to come.
- Formwork : Specialist formwork carpenters are required to erect the formwork required for concrete construction to ensure accuracy and correct sizing to hold and sustain the massive weights involved. Our highly skilled formworkers can create any shape or size required for design aesthetics, safety and longevity.
- Steel Fixing : Steel fixing is the process of placing reinforced bars (re-bars) at the correct spacing as instructed by structural engineering plans and the relevant Building Codes. Steel reinforcement gives concrete strength, without such concrete slabs would collapse. For this reason, steel reinforcement needs to be placed by trained steel fixers.
- AFS and Dincel Walls : AFS and Dincel walls are modular wall systems, which in most cases can save one-third of your build time. It’s a waterproof system polymer which once its installed stays in place. Our specialist dincel wall contractors are highly experienced in the installation of this system so you can reap its many benefits.
- Concrete Stairs : Many times the stairs or a staircase is the main feature in the home or commercial building. Concrete stairs not only offer supreme strength and longevity, particularly in very high traffic environments but can be created in many different styles for eye-catching design aesthetic purposes.
- Concrete Pools : If you’ve ever dreamt of owning your own pool, we can make it a reality. Our concrete pool formwork and steel fixing business prides itself on providing an exceptional quality pool at a comparable price to fibreglass and other pool construction styles, you get a superior pool created by the best concreters in the business.
Contact us today for an obligation free quote