The suspended concrete slab installation specialists.
The client at this Cremorne Point property on Sydney’s Lower North Shore wanted a new suspended garage concrete slab installed on existing stone walls.
Upon inspection by the Site Engineer, it was determined that the stone walls were unable to support the weight of the new concrete slab. To solve the problem we suggested they instead use a Dincel wall system instead of blocks which would speed up the build time and progress completion of the project.
The Site Engineer appreciated this was the best solution and the client was in agreement.
We completed the project from start to finish within 8 days. This included formwork to the ground slab, steel fixing concrete, place of ground slab, formwork for suspended slab and upstaged beam, Dincel installation with walls poured, pour main concrete slab, steel fix of main slab and concrete pour.
Contact us for assistance with all your suspended concrete slab requirements
I would highly recommend Paddy and Paul from NS Form-work. We recently had them complete a 2 car garage with an entertainment terrace and rooftop lawn at one of our job’s in Cremorne Point. Both them and their crew are easy to work with, thinking on their feet with no issues throughout the job while working within a short time frame to complete works. Scully Constructions would have no hesitation in using them for future large concrete and form work jobs.
Matt Scully, Scully Constructions
N & S Formwork and Concreting Sydney
We provide quality concrete and formwork services for residential, commercial and industrial clients. No job too big or too small. 40+ years experience. With offices in the Eastern Suburbs and Sydney’s Northern Beaches, we have completed 100’s of jobs throughout the Sydney metro area.
We bring a wealth of knowledge to any build project. Our team come from all areas of the building industry and have a wealth of experience. We provide a high level of services and workmanship on all our projects, with attention to detail and professional approach to every jobs. We are a friendly team, focused on our customers’ needs and satisfaction – and getting the job done.
Our extensive range of services include :
- Concreting : There are many types of concrete for both residential and commercial use. Concrete comes in many colours and has a huge variety of uses. Importantly, concrete needs to be placed by trained, and skilled professional concrete contractors to ensure it services the purpose of which it was designed for many decades to come.
- Formwork : Specialist formwork carpenters are required to erect the formwork required for concrete construction to ensure accuracy and correct sizing to hold and sustain the massive weights involved. Our highly skilled formworkers can create any shape or size required for design aesthetics, safety and longevity.
- Steel Fixing : Steel fixing is the process of placing reinforced bars (re-bars) at the correct spacing as instructed by structural engineering plans and the relevant Building Codes. Steel reinforcement gives concrete strength, without such concrete slabs would collapse. For this reason, steel reinforcement needs to be placed by trained steel fixers.
- AFS and Dincel Walls : AFS and Dincel walls are modular wall systems, which in most cases can save one-third of your build time. It’s a waterproof system polymer which once its installed stays in place. Our specialist dincel wall contractors are highly experienced in the installation of this system so you can reap its many benefits.
- Concrete Stairs : Many times the stairs or a staircase is the main feature in the home or commercial building. Concrete stairs not only offer supreme strength and longevity, particularly in very high traffic environments but can be created in many different styles for eye-catching design aesthetic purposes.
- Concrete Pools : If you’ve ever dreamt of owning your own pool, we can make it a reality. Our concrete pool formwork and steel fixing business prides itself on providing an exceptional quality pool at a comparable price to fibreglass and other pool construction styles, you get a superior pool created by the best concreters in the business.